We have dedicated a great deal of time and effort to improving public safety throughout the Town of New Castle. We believe that elected officials should continually try to identify opportunities to enhance public safety. Gun violence is everywhere. Gun violence is local. A classroom. A movie theater. A workplace holiday party. A place of worship. A deli! We feel it too often in our small towns and we cannot ignore its impact on all of us. So much good starts on the local level. We have a role to play and a responsibility to do more to prevent these tragedies. Children, students, people of all ages should be able to play, learn, live their lives without fear of being struck by bullets. The safety of our streets, our schools, our businesses, our homes, our houses of worship must be protected from those who use dangerous weapons to shatter our lives. We must take a stand to unite against the outrages that are committed.
• October 19, 2015 – Wrote Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino a letter requesting that gun shows be banned at the Westchester County Center. Click here.
• Dec. 13, 2015 – Attended and participated in Vigil for Victims of Gun Violence in commemoration of the third anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy
• June 13, 2016 – Organized Love Triumphs at Chappaqua Vigil for Orlando Victims.Click graphic to watch videos.
• September 25, 2016 – Participated in Concert Across America to End Gun Violence
• January 13,2017 – Wrote Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino requesting that he doesn’t veto the gun show ban. Click here.
We understand that there are different views about how to get there, but for the sake of all of us, we believe we must all come together – regardless of political affiliation – to come up with responsible and effective solutions to Stop Gun Violence.