We are committed to increasing our Recreational Opportunities. We persuaded Summit Greenfield agreed to provide the Town with a $1,500,000 payment to create recreational trails and other recreational opportunities.
We believe in increasing recreational opportunities and community events to support an healthy and active living. Chappaqua Crossing will return to a vibrant commercial center while keeping up the tradition of healthy living. The property will be a community-oriented, walkable retail development. New retail tenants – like Whole Foods and Lifetime Fitness – will join existing office tenants such as Northern Westchester Hospital, Mount Kisco Medical Group and ACCESS Nursing Services. We will continue to encourage community based efforts to promote a healthy lifestyle.
• Created New Castle Task Force on Health and Wellness to provide education and information about other public health matters affecting the community
• Built a basketball court at Town Hall
• Built a new playground at Town Hall
• Built a new playground at Gedney Park
• Turned town owned property into the Millwood Community Garden
• Introduced Sunday Scramble – an event for kids to exercise with local professional trainers
• Introduced New Castle Family Fun Runs – Our traditional 10K run (which is very difficult) is now joined by 5K, a kid fun run and fun activities for the whole family.