Over the past four years, we’ve worked hard to improve the quality of life in our community and take a leadership role on initiatives ranging from the environment to public safety. We’re particularly proud of our accomplishments in the area of public safety —
- Distracted Driving – We started New Castle’s “Hands Off the Phone and On the Wheel” initiative!
- Streetscape improvements – new, wider sidewalks, new crosswalks and traffic/parking improvements will make it safer and more enjoyable to walk around our downtown
- Railroad Crossing – Safety improvements, increased enforcement & education, tireless efforts to obtain funding for a bridge
- Slow Down – Drive Like Your Kids Live Here / Radar Speed Sign Program
- Gedney Sledding – Required helmets for sledding at Gedney Park, shortened and regraded the hill away from the woods and added fencing to make sledding safer for all.
- Pedestrian Safety – Education during construction / Free pedestrian reflectors.
- Coyotes – Adopted a responsible coyote policy, education & free coyote whistles.
We’ve partnered with New Castle Police to keep our community safe. We are proud to receive the endorsement of the Affiliated Police Associations (“APA”) of Westchester County. APA is the umbrella organization comprised of over fifty Westchester County police and other law enforcement benevolent associations representing over 10,000 members.
We look forward to making New Castle an even safer, secure environment in which to live, work and raise a family. That’s our agenda!