Lisa Katz Discussing Chappaqua Performing Arts Center
We promised to find creative solutions to our problems. Well, our predecessors planned to demolish the Wallace Auditorium at Chappaqua Crossing. We thought that would be a travesty. We saved it! We now own both the building and 1+ acre of land that it sits on – for free! It’s now called the Chappaqua Performing Arts Center (“ChappPAC”)!
This incredible venue has already hosted numerous community special events and performances and stimulated patronage of local businesses. It’s well on its way to becoming a regional cultural destination. Working with the Exceptional People of New Castle Committee, we are committed to providing employment opportunities at ChappPAC for people with disabilities. Working with Friends of the Chappaqua Performing Arts Center, a new 501(c)(3) corporation that is being formed by residents of New Castle interested in supporting the arts in our Town, we will ensure adequate funding to reach its full potential.
Our opponents have refused to show support for ChappPAC. They have only cited incorrect budget amounts and questioned plans to modestly invest in the facility (even though we acquired it for free!) . We’re still waiting for them to say that the ChappPAC has their full support and, if elected, they will continue to support it. Their supporters have called it a “fruitless endeavor” and claim we “are throwing good money after bad”. Read more.
Lisa Katz heads our Arts & Culture Committee. Click image to the right to watch an amazing video. Under
her leadership,we have:
• Hired a theatre manager – JohnFanelli of Lighthouse Youth Theatre
• Worked with promoters to bring high end art, theater, dance, comedy and other comedy and other events
• Created new web site. Click here to check it out
• Adopted rental guidelines
• Worked with Lyle Anderson to create a virtual tour for potential renters. Click here to watch tour
• Worked with New Castle Community Media Center to purchase a video projector and install a new sound system
• Installed new lighting equipment
• Working with Friends of the Chappaqua Performing Arts Center, a new 501(c)(3) corporation that is being formed by residents of New Castle interested in supporting the arts in our Town, to ensure that ChappPAC reaches its full potential.
Click here to read about $30,000 grant.
ChappPAC is already being put to great use for pre-school aged children, summer theatre camp, concerts, movies & art exhibits. ChappPAC is now the home of The Chappaqua Orchestra! Click here for incredible Fall Season.
We saved the ChappPAC from demolition. In a very short time, we turned it into a regional destination for music and arts performances and events, and a fabulous new amenity for our community. We are in the best position to keep it going!
How’s that for a creative solution!